92 Volvo 940 est fast idle speed

Hi all,

At my wits end! The idle speed on my 940 will not drop below 1100 rpm. Have tried all the usual stuff, changed IAC, TPS , ECT,,and carried all the adjustments out as per the manual and the tickover speed still doesn,t drop to the magic 750 as required! When driving up to lights or whatever it will drop to @ 1400 and when you take your foot off the brake then it will drop again to @ 1100. Occasionally but very rarely, it does stay at 750 and then when you drive off and stop again its back at 1100. Its got the Bosch LH 4 injection by the way! If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful to them!! HELP !

Reply to
kerr_28_moss3

That's LH 2.4 if you don't mind!! You have a couple of alternatives here, check the throttle cable for smooth action and roling on/off the drum on the throttle quadrant. Then thoroughly clean and inspect the inlet tract (air filter to throttle block) and any wiring to components. After that reset throttle switch and settings.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes