'98 v70 awd tire pressure

Reading the gas cap label, it indicates 36psi front, and 41psi rear for manufacturer's recommended tire pressure. I understand, however, that this vintage of AWD (viscous coupling) is extremely sensitive to differences in tire diameter. Thus, I am wondering if this difference in tire pressure would affect the system at all? I have all tires at

40psi at the moment, and am running on Michelin MXV4s rated to max 44psi.
Reply to
theo.chan

Tyre (tire) pressure should only affect the rolling diameter at extremely low pressures i.e. close to deflated. You can way exceed the recommended max pressure without changing the shape of the tyre (tire) significantly; eventually you end up blowing it off the rim, that's all.

Reply to
Andrew McKenna