98 V70 T5 CD remote locking

bizarre as it sounds, since cleaning my car interior last weekend the remote locking has become temperamental. it still works ok, but i have to be really close to the drivers side window and point at a pretty specific angle..... i lightly cleaned the dash and controls with a soft brush, and used a window cleaner on the windows [interior only].

have tried with spare fob - the same, so am not convinced that 2 batteries have decided to die at the same time.....

anyone any ideas? could the cleaning have affected it?

cheers ralph

Reply to
Ralph Shotter

If you have never replace the clicker batteries, they are 7 years old and could be weak. Both batteries are the same age so they would die at the same time. That is called quality control.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Hi, I am just hypothesizing about this. Where is the antenna for the unlocking? Is it on the inside of one of the back wagon windows? If so, maybe in washing them, something got damaged in the exposed antenna wiring. Good luck, Brad __________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mystical

thanks stephen - have replaced one, but still the same.....:(

Reply to
Ralph Shotter