"A" pillar grounds- 740

Good day,

What are the (I assume) grounds on the computer mounting bracket on a

740 ("A" pillar)? I would guess some are instrument cluster grounds.

I think I just solved a long vexing problem with intermittant electronic speed-o (with weird symptoms) by removing and replacing some of the grounds on one of my 740's.

I have another 740 with a flakey temperature gauge. Sometimes it doesn't register no matter how long you drive, sometimes it takes driving a while before registering.

Anyone been able to trace instrument cluster quirks to this?

TIA

jimB

-------------------------------------------- my SPAM defense: Replace all the X's in email address with M

Reply to