AC Fan Power is low

I have a S80, 2001 that has an AC problem. The system sounds (fan) like it is pumping out well, and cool, but the power or strenght of the actual air is low.

Now, when turning off the car, the car still has fan power, and it actually is stronger then when the car is running. I think this has to do with a baffel or AC damper.

The AC doesn't blow as hard as the cars vents blow when the car is off.

How difficult is it to check the dampers beyond the dash to see if the baffels are actually moving?

Another note: when moving the swith to manual / auto fan, it makes no air power difference.

Any help in fixing this is appreciated, and idea of cost associated would be nice.

Tim

Reply to
Tool

My experience has been leaves and rubber sound deadening material drop in around the fan as well poor electrical grounding or source .I rewired my wifes fan using a new source for power its now fine .I took power from the back of the cigarettelighter (power source)now for the political correct .This saved much fishing under the dash .

Reply to
John Robertson