Advice on a 2001 S40

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Volvo certified 2001 S40 and would really appreciate any advice on this model. I noticed during my research that brakes and electrical systems on this car were a problem. Does this problem last over the life of the car (as opposed to teething pains on a new car kind of thing). Secondly, the radiator fan on the car is really loud when it kicks in. When the engine is just idling it is normal. The salesperson said that that it was normal since the S40 has two fans one of which could kick in just to cool the car down in the summer. Is he just talking out of his ass ? Should I be concerned about this or any other details ? Any advice would really be appreciated. I have had excellent experiences with Honda certified cars but havent heard much about Volvo's certification program

Thanks so much BigV

Reply to
BigV