S40 Brakes

I have a 2003 S40 with 25K miles on it. I just had to have the rear brakes replaced. Is this normal? I have owned several cars, and never had to replace the rear brakes so soon, even before the front brakes! Most of my driving has been highway (about 80%).

Thanks.

Peter

Reply to
Strack

On VW Golfs/Jetta's the rear brakes will wear out before the fronts - so you're not alone in this respect.... 25K miles seems like almost nothing to, i'd excpect twice that distance, at least.... Hell we have 160K Kms on the

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Yes most of the S & V 40's go through rear brake pads around 15K miles so you are one of the few who got your moneys worth out of the brake pads

Reply to
G Klein