another leaking tank for my 1995 944!

Has anyone heard of a problem with the fuel tanks in a 1995 940?

I bought one used but in great shape a few years ago. Within a year it developed a fuel tank leak from a few cracks.

I couldn't figure out why so I just replaced it with one I found in a local junk yard. The replacement tank was in very good condition.

Now it's a little over a year later and the replacement tank is leaking in the same way! I haven't pulled it out yet but the pattern is identical to the last time.

When I pulled the tank out the last time I saw nothing that would cause these leaks but something obviously is.

Is the '95 944 (nonturbo) known for this problem? I can't find any reference to it on the web.

Will the tank from a previous year fit? I think I'm going to have a difficult time finding another '95 in a junk yard.

Don b.

Reply to
Don b.