Banging into Gear!!!

After travelling on the freeway at highway speed`, then returning to city traffic/speed, my car shift very rogh. It BANGS into gear. This is a 960 Sedan with almost 150k miles. I am due for the timing belt change but am rolling the dice (Ahhh!!!) with where the mileage is at! The ONLY reason I have not changed it (along with the Water Pump, etc) is because I am strapped financially. Long story short... Could this 'banging into gear' be at all related to the timing belt? If not, any ideas; suggestions. Thanks! `

Reply to
mlywly

No, it sounds like the transmission could use a flush and possibly adjustment.

If you don't change the timing belt none of that will matter though, you're running on borrowed time and when that belt snaps the car will effectively be totaled.

Reply to
James Sweet