1984 Vanagon won't go into second gear...

Actually it was difficult to get into first gear, but now it won't go into second gear. It just grinds...R, 1st 3rd and 4th all work fine, but no luck with second...

If I am very careful, I mean VERY CAREFUL it can slip it into second, but it is at the risk of heavy grinding- grinding I don't want to risk...

Otherwise all is well...

Stephen in Jackson Hole Wyoming

Reply to
1984Vanagon

sounds like the clutch dragging-try backing it off some.

Reply to
northwind

Clutch problem, but if you been grindiing awhile then you may have created transmission issues too.

Reply to
Woodchuck