Bumper Protector

We jsut had our front bumper replaced after someone bashed in our 850's front (then took off without leaving a note). I'd like to keep the bumper looking new, as we may be selling the car within the next 6 months. Is there anything one might recommend to protect it from the normal abuse the bumper of a car parked on the street takes on a daily basis?

Thanks

Reply to
Phil Lefebvre

Park behind a 240?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

I was going to say park behind a tank, but I like Gary's idea even better ;-)

--

'67 122 - 1st car '70 142 - Lemon '72 145 - Gone But Not Forgotten '81 242t - Esther's Turbo (Project Car) '82 245 - POS '89 740ti - Ilsa, Daily Driver

Reply to
Don Hodgdon

If it's only for a short time and you don't mind the looks, then maybe wrap and tape a bicycle inner tube around the corners..or even tape on a bit of thick cut up rubber like a car mat/tyre etc. Something like Gaffer tape should be strong enough to tape it with (do they call it Gaffer tape in the USA?,...thick 'cloth' tape)

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

Phil: Maybe you could purchase some 3M protective clear film and put it on the bumper painted surface, at least.

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance