EGR valve service on an 850

Hi, I have a 95 850 with almost 115K miles on it. In looking through the owner's manual the other day, I notice that the EGR valve is to be cleaned at 100K miles. This was not done. Will anything harmful happen to the engine because of this oversight and should I rush to get it done NOW or can it wait until the next regular 5K service? Thanks in advance for you advice, Brad

Reply to
Mystical

The worst that will happen is that the passages will/are clogged and the check engine light will turn on giving you an EGR error code. If the car is a turbo, then the maximum boost will be reduced, robbing you of some power. You also may notice a poor idle, depending on the exact fault. If this happens it won't strand you, and it won't really hurt anything.

Reply to
Mike F