Feasible to convert power windows to manual crank on 240 ?

There have been very few times in the life of any of my 240GLs when all four of the power windows were working perfectly, hence requiring the old pop-the-switch-and scrape-the-contacts routine, a chore that invariably gets left undone for long periods of time, usually when it's gotten to the point that all but one of the windows is dormant and it's

100 degrees in the shade.

It's at those times that I wished that I had manually-cranked windows.

So, I'm wondering how much of a chore it would be to convert them ?

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

Pretty easy really, I've only ever converted the other way around but it'd be fairly trivial to replace the power window motors with manual crank window regulators. Never had much problems with the power ones myself though, perhaps you should try cleaning all the switches at once and apply some dielectric grease to them to keep them from oxidizing.

Reply to
James Sweet