FOR SALE 78 262C Bertone

FOR SALE

1978 Volvo 262C Bertone Excellant Condition, NO RUST! Silver with Black Roof 60,000 Miles Second owner purchasced in 1999 $6995.00

Call 401.789.1100 or e-mail

Reply to
Bertrand

Err... Does that price include delivery? I'm in Newcastle, NSW _Australia_. This is a _worldwide_ group! Mentoning where the car is would have been good.

I'm guessing that this car is actually located somewhere in the USA based upon the odometer reading being quoted in miles and the wierd telephone number. I don't have a decimal point on any of my telephones!

Like the other recent for sale ad, this one has a phone number in it that makes it appear likely that the poster won't even read any of the responses in this group. The biggest difference with this one is the "or e-mail", which suggests a _slight_ possibility that they might read responses...

Like the previous post, this one appears to have a ridiculous price... A _1978_ 262C for US$7K ?!?

Reply to
athol

Reply to
Bertrand

You should post your ad to a forsale newsgroup. This is not an appropriate place for it. Good luck with the sale though!

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Don't really mean to be a downer but good luck, There was a Volvo dealer up north in West LA that had one with 46 miles on it and couldn't sell it for $7000, it had been on the showroom floor since new. Sadly the PRV engine in those have seemed to kill any collector value. Dave Shannon daveshan_at_spamsoneonelse_cox.net (Spring Valley CA)

1988 240 DL 19X,XXX 1984 245 DL 20X,XXX 1984 245T 19X,XXX '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 14K
Dave Shannon

Does any advertised price ever include delivery? Most car ads around here will come with disclaimers indicating that the price excludes (among other things) delivery charges.

Quite perceptive. It's very trivial to determine where in the USA a phone number was assigned. In this case it's from Rhode Island. RI is a pretty small state, about the size of the county I live in, so I'd even venture to guess that the most interested people would recognize the phone number as local.

Yes, I agree for most usenet posts.. ignoring the followups is a bad idea. However, for an ad (especially one where contact info was provided) I don't think this is true. Do you really want to sift through a bunch of posts relating to an ad for a car you're probably not interested in?

- alex

'85 244 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

No telephones have a decimal point, it's just commonly used instead of a dash, it's actually more of a european thing than US.

Reply to
James Sweet

In Europe we donnot use dots between numbers. "- " 's between area codes.

Reply to
Martijn

Err... I was being facetious... It was more a comment on the style of writing a phone number with dots in it than anything else.

Reply to
athol