FS: 6-disk changer for 1995-2000 Volvo

Well, it appears that my 30-year love-hate relationship with Volvo is finally over (for now). We just traded in the wife's '96 850 wagon on a new Prius. Since the Toyota folks didn't seem to care too much about our trade one way or the other, I pulled out the nearly new 6-disk changer before the trade.

I bought the changer new from Volvo three years ago for $300. I believe that it's made by Alpine and fits most Volvos with the factory wiring and head unit 1995-2000 or so. I thought I'd try to sell it here before resorting to Ebay.

$75 + shipping. including original packaging and one empty cartridge. Note that your Volvo must be pre-wired for it (ours was).

Reply to
newsgroups.comcast.net

i think 75 is too high, but I think it's nasty to play negotiations here...If you list it on E-bay please post here, and if you have sold it good for you!

Reply to
Holly

The market for used supplementary changers has never been great because many people find them to be more of a space waster that are a hassle to use. And with Ipod technology overwhelming CD's the market is even weaker. Search closed sales on Ebay for prices of all used changers and that will give you an idea of what it will sell for. Ebay will get you many more potential bidders than the news groups.

I'm a bit puzzled though. It would never occur to me to remove a component like a CD changer from a car I had agreed to sell.

Reply to
Roadie