fuel pump question

My '86 740 isn't starting. I confirmed that the fuel pump relay is turning on when the ignition is turned on, but the second half of the relay isn't actuated when the key is turned to start. If I manually hold the relay contact down, I can hear the pump working (very quiet however), but it still doesn't start. Any thoughts?

Reply to
babelfish