98 V70 XC radio replacement

I've got a radio in a 98 V70 XC that's giving me fits. The shop had to take it out to replace the leaking condenser. When they put it back in, the display said, "CODE." I called Volvo with my vin, and they gave us a code. It didn't work. Now the radio says "OFF."

We followed the instructions in the manual for getting past this OFF stage, to no avail.

Half the bulbs in the radio are burned out anyway, and I understand we have to get an entire new unit from Volvo to even fix that. I'm ready to say, "screw it."

Any recommendations on a new, NON-VOLVO unit to put in there? Preferably something with an AUX input so I can connect my iPod. :) TIA.

Reply to
hm