Geartronic

According to my local Volvo dealer an increasing proportion of V70s are now being supplied with Geartronic auto transmissions rather than manual boxes (and this is in UK, not north America!)

All he could tell me is that it's an auto box with with manual over-ride but he hadn't a clue about what is inside in terms of torque converter (or not), planetary gear sets, multi-plate clutches etc. Wikipedia is *some* help, but not a lot.

Can anyone point to a decent on-line reference with a full description and sectioned diagrams of the innards, etc.?

Reply to
Roger Mills

It's a regular computer controlled TC auto box with electro-hydraulic actuation of the clutch plates, with progressive and full lock-up capabilities on the top 3 gears, and comes in mainly 5 speed (though there is a new 6 speed version about to hit the streets with the new V70). It has tip-style manual control, and there will be a steering wheel option.

Still Aisan-Warner as far as i am aware..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks. Is Aisan-Warner related to Borg-Warner?

Reply to
Roger Mills