heater problem - 1988 760 GLE

Air volume and heat have dropped off dramatically and with a Toronto winter approaching, that's bad news. On a local auto t.v. talk show I remember this coming up and there was a comment that if the air conditioner has been disconnected, which mine has, part of that system can get clogged over time, resulting in this problem, but I can't remember the exact details, because it didn't directly affect me at the time. Would appreciate comments from anyone who can explain the possible problem a little more intelligently than the above, and is the cleaning of this part something that can be done without tearing the dashboard out.

Thanks, Gerry

Reply to
Gerry