Help! My parking brake is not holding - Larry

Parking brake on my 1995 850 turbo is not holding. Have adjusted rear parking brake shoes and internal hand brake adjustment without success. Could the brake cables be bad? Dealer says cable replacement is about $400 plus another $200 if parking brake shoes need replaced. Is there an easy way to tell what might be wrong (dealer diagnosis is about $130) and is there a procedure somewhere I could see that tells how to change cables etc. Thanks.

.... Larry

Reply to
Me

Parking brakes follow the old addage, use them or loose them. If they go unused for a while, the cables corrode and become unserviceable. I use mine every day and never loose them.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

What, no Haynes or Chilton manual to hand? Shame on you.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes