hidden fuse volvo amazon??

Hi,

For a friend I try to get life in a amazon that has been sitting for two years now. Charged the battery. Looks still OK. When operating the contact switch lights appear. Promising. Starting. Nothing happens, but control lights go dimmer. Also 12 Volts on the starter relais. Looks like the starter relais stucks. Try to do it a couple of times. Some hammering on the starter relais. No luck. And then suddenly; no electricity nowhere. Like a main fuse is blown. But the normal fuses (under the hood) are all OK. Is there somewhere hidden a main fuse?? Under the dash? Your ideas are welcome!

Bye, Mark

Reply to
markjoe

Try refitting the battery positive lead and/or negative lead to the cleaned up battery terminals and tightening them correctly.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Just because the fuses look good, it doesn't mean they are. Those fuses have corrosion problems when they're mounted inside the car, in the engine compartment they're 10 times worse. Can you check to see if power is getting to the fuses? Also check and clean the connections on both ends of both battery cables, and I seem to remember a ground strap from the bell housing near the starter to the frame. And a battery that has been sitting for some time discharged is always suspect.

Reply to
Mike F

I had a similar experience with my -65 Amazon. The problem turned out t be copper corrosion in the cable between the starter and the battery There was a thick green layer between the copper and the pressed-o connector in one end of the cable. Cutting the cable and pressing on new connector cured the problem

-- Lars Hoverfal

0View this thread:

Lars Hoverfalt