Re: Re: New to the Jaguar Scene

Hello:

I enjoyed your post. I too have V8 Johns Cars conversion and have had it under the for about 10 years on my 84 XJ6. Recently, a Stereo guy both cut and lost the wrong wires for the air conditioning circuit. All of the air conditioning harness is attached, except the two brown wires that power "on" the unit, and power "off" I believe. I connected a battery wire to one of the connectors and the AC powered on, but stayed on even when the car was turned off.

Would you happen to have an idea about how exactly the two brown wires connect to? You mentioned you would be willing to share info about your wiring, diagrams, etc, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sounds like you put a lot of work into upgrading your electrical system.

Thanks Again,

TIM

Reply to
TinyTimmm

[...]

"TinyTimmm" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

He probably did that because you "Lumped" a good Jaguar and turned it into a worthless hack :-)

Had you put a Jaguar V8 in it, the story would be different. I'll bet it also has those crappy 5" headlights instead of the 7"?

Reply to
Jagwire

Glad to see I am not the only who has his moments........aaaa usenet.

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (DieInterim) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You got it :-)

Ron

Reply to
Jagwire

Am I missing something here? You guys are too much. The car runs super,it's the air that's not working. It has 7 inchers....

..sounds like the two of you get along great, you should give each other a big hug next time you see each other. ;>0

By the way, I am also the proud owner of a late-model XK with the Jag V8. Indeed, it is quite superb.

Have a nice weekend!

Reply to
TinyTimmm

G'day Tim, Better a 'lumped' Jag than no Jag I reckon. If you can advise where these 2 brown wires are, i.e. which side of the console, up high or down low and are they just one colour or maybe brown/yellow for instance I may be able to help, I took some digital photos when I had the dash out last year. Regards, John Hudson Brisbane, Australia

1971 XJ6 SI 1985 XJ6 SIII
Reply to
John Hudson

G'Day John:

Thanks for posting. The wires are on the LH Driver's side, down low on the center console. Two solid brown wires junction into a gray-colored connecter. And another brown wire with a yellow stripe runs into its own gray-colored connector.

Thanks for any help you can offer. My e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Regards,

TIM

Reply to
TinyTimmm

Hi Tim, I've found those 3 wires in my car, mine aren't connected to anything either, they must be spare connectors. Mine have 12 volts applied when a/c is switched on. I see your a/c works when you connect 12 volts to one of these connectors so I reckon you have a blown fuse #13 under the dashboard. Try a new fuse, these fuses can look ok and still be faulty. Regards, John Hudson Brisbane, Australia

1971 XJ6 SI 1985 XJ6 SIII
Reply to
John Hudson