Idle Air Control Valve

1994 940 turbo wagon B230FT

Took my Idle Air Control valve off to clean it out. In FAQ's it mentions that one should get a reading of 20 ohms between inner and outer terminals and 40 ohms between the outer terminals.

But my IAC only had two terminals. I had a fellow checked it and he got 7.8 ohms. Does anybody know if this is correct or what one should get for a reading?

IAC is Bosch 0 280 140 516

Thank you

Reply to
KLB

Should be okay. It is a quarter turn motor, and if it fails it usually will be high resistance. The valve should flop freely enough when you suddenly flip it in your hand.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee