Mike F: EGR advice please . . . . .

Hi Mike, I've never done this, but I'd sure appreciate any info you could help me with.

I might use this method:

but do I have to actually take the throttle body off? Can't I just remove the 2 - 8mm bolts & unscrew the 22mm nut & drop it down from under the throttle body?

Would you trust a cheap used EGR valve @ $30 or should I spring for a new one @ $280 (yeow!).

Any other thoughts, tips, or warnings? Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay Epstein

I've never done the EGR either, the guy that writes that site is a Volvo mechanic, if he removes the throttle body, I'd say there's a good reason for it. I'd think that reason involves access to the bolts, cleaning the hole in the manifold, or cleaning the throttle body while it's off is part of the service. Try doing it your way, see what happens. Personally, I'd remove the throttle body, while you're there it's a good opportunity to clean it.

Assuming the used EGR valve opens with a vacuum applied and closes tightly when the vacuum is removed, I'd probably try the used one.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
Jay Epstein