MPG

Another newbie question (last one for today I promise).

For those of you who have a 1990 740 SE Estate Auto, what sort of MPG do you get from it?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Setford

Hi Rich

May help if we knew your engine. The fuel injection system changed around this time that brought a better delivery of power. My 89 (which is a 90 model if that makes sense) returns less than my 87 XJ403.6 which is pittyful (IMHO). Around town I get 20 to 22 MPG (UK Galls) and in general driving overall 23 /24 MPG and on the motorway at 80/85ish (wash my mouth out) the best I get is 24/25 mpg. Before anyone leaps in and tells me my MPG is awful and my car id fit for scrapping, Lola as we call her has always been fastidiously maintained and we have had from new. The auto bo x on this 2 ltr seems to not help but there you are our experience.

Regards

Reply to
Andy Coles