volvo

I have a Volvo - black. I find it a big problem because I find difficulty in parking it. The boot is too long. Have you any idea where I can go to buy a special knife - I want to cut a bit of the end off. I read some of you messages and I share similar opinions about the subject. There is one more thing, I want to shed light on the subject of buying these cars. Have you any idea where the best Volvos are available, what is the best model, and which is the fastest? I would be obliged to anybody who answered this message. Good luck with the Volvo topic. See you later.

Reply to
Micha³ Hodskinson
480 ;-)))
Reply to
GarryM

when trimming off parts of my volvo body work, i find a chain saw to work a bit better than most knives....somethig to think about...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

[..}

IME green ones are much easier to park, and tend to be a bit faster, too.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrave

Use the bumpers, thats what they are there for !

Reply to
Andy Coles

I found my 1800E the shortest, the fastest, and apparently the best because ones that are 30 years old are selling for more than they did when new. They are frequently sold on ebay or by specialty dealers.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

my understanding is the fastest volvo's ever made were some of the turbo wagons...late 90's...850t's...and maybe the 1st year of the v70t's?...i am pretty sure the turbo wagons were a bit faster than the sedans...0-60mph in the 5's and 6's...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Ahhh! The answer. OP should buy a wagon--then no boot. :)

Reply to
Robert Dietz

Here is the fastest and best Volvo ever made. And like you suggest, it was made using a special knife.

ROFL

RS

Reply to
Rusty

uhh....is that carved out of a bar of soap, or something??

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Believe it or not, that rig was for sale. Seriously. Not sure what the final outcome was, they wanted alot of money for it. I have some more pix, if you are interested.

RS

Reply to
Rusty

cool...thanx Rusty...i just took one (last) look at it... i think i am going to stick w/the v70r for now....thanx anyway.... ;-)

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

What a sorry end for what looks to have been quite a nice car. They didn't even do the paint well, overspray all over the taillights, looks like the whole thing was built out of sheetmetal by a jr. high metal shop student.

Reply to
James Sweet

Christ! Is that _really_ a modified 740 turbo? And I use the word "modified" in an liberal a sense that can be applied here.

Could you post some more photos of it? Especially the front?

Thanks! Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Enjoy.

Note the cigarette burns all over the drivers seat...nice. And the "custom welds" for the truck style dash are spectacular. The drywall board for the radio mount is sheer brilliance. I could go on, but see for yourself.

RS

Reply to
Rusty

And off course, no truck would be complete without a CB!!! Brilliant pictures -- thanks so much for posting them.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf