Nesting

I'm so glad to have my old 91 740 working again, I'm actually starting to clean it up and make it look spiffier.

The bumpers were a light oxidized gray. Fella at the auto parts store recommended this "Back2Black" product, which is a white creamy liquid which I've applied, and applied, and applied to the bumper. Seems to need to soak it up, or layer up, or something. Anyway, its now a medium dark gray.

I bought some "Tire Black" for my tires. Clear liquid. One application, my tires look shiny, etc. I tried it on one section of the bumper, and with one spray, that area is shiny and black.

Question is, which product is going to last. If I have to keep reapplying the "Tire Black" every few weeks, as it says to do for the tires, that ain't gonna work.

Any experience with this?

Reply to
doofy

Armor All (Armour All?) is very good. Nothing I've encountered yet really lasts, but rather than just coat the plastic with a glossy slime, Armor All renovates plastics by bonding itself to the surface.

They even make a low gloss version which looks a lot more like new plastic than the glossy stuff does.

It's stunning on interior plastics.

Reply to
Richard Polhill