No tilt on electric C70 Chair

Hi,

My 1998 Volvo C70 has developed a fault with the passengers chair. When lifting the handle to move the chair forward, nothing happens. This is the same with the red handle on the chair. As a consequence, I know have to jump in and out of the car when ever I carry more than 1 passenger... very inconvenient.

Does anyone know of an 'easy' fix for this, cheaper the better!! and is it a common fault which will develop with the drivers chair.

TIA

Phil C

Reply to
Phil C

The problem is that the cable that operates the motor when you use the lever is broken I have changed a few over the years the seat has to be removed from the car if you are a do it your self person who does not fear doing a semi involved repair then you can repair your self but if you do not feel comfortable with the above then either see your local Volvo dealer or a outside shop that knows how to repair Volvo's Glenn Volvo Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn