Oil in my Air Mass Meter!!

Hello,

First, I want to say thanks for all the advice everyone gave my about getting my rotors off. (They're still stuck on, BTW. Not even the pry bar and hammer got them off!)

Anyway, I want to drive the car to a shop to get the rotors off. But I start it, and it immediately dies if I don't keep on the gas. It'll stall as soon as I try to let it idle or if I take my foot off the gas to brake. Even upping the tension on the throttle cable to make it idle abnormally high won't work, it have be be in motion or revving high to not stall.

Anyway, I took off my AMM to take a look at it, and it was covered in oil (the insides; outside was just dusty). The air tube between the AMM and the intake manifold was all oily, but the one from the air box to the AMM was pretty clean.

I just sprayed the AMM out with brake cleaner to see if it would help things. I'm gonna put it on tomorrow after I get a chance to clean the oil from the air hose. I know, brake cleaner was a poor choice of solvent, but I figured that if I was gonna do something half-assed like try to clean an AMM instead of replacing it, I might as well go whole hog and do a TOTALLY half-assed job ;)

I tried to find the PCV system and see if the flame trap was plugged. I think I found the PCV system, but there was no flame trap! It was a tube running from the intake manifold to the crankcase.Both the tube and the pipe sticking out of the crankcase were a bit grimy (black sludge) but there was no clogging; just a thin layer.

So, where would the oil getting into the intake manifold come from? Intake valves? PCV problem? Maybe it was overfilled with oil at some point and it sloshed up the PCV system? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
sean.m.cunningham