Petrol fumes in '92 940

I think that I may have made a mistake here. Sold my old '85 740 and took the locking petrol cap off to use on my '92 940 2.3i. Now when I drive with the windows or sunroof open I get a strong smell of petrol. The cap seems to fit ok but it is vented, is this likely to be the problem and if so, where can I buy a new locking cap in the UK??

Thanks Taff.........

taff

Have you tried the original cap that came with the car to see if the problem persists? Fuel smell can also be a sign of leaking injector seals or an exhaust leak.

Good luck,

--

-don

'81 242t '89 744ti

Reply to
don hodgdon

I am afraid that the original cap went onto the 740 and I kept the locking cap. I drove the car for 100 miles from the seller to home with no petrol smell, and it has only started since changing the caps over. I can find US web sites that sell spares but not in the UK. Any help please ?

taff

Maybe someone in the Volvo Owners Club UK can help you out:

--

-don

'81 242t '89 744ti

Reply to