Question for 740 wheel expert.....

Its a 92 volvo 740 turbodiesel. It has P215 tires. I checked on the spare tire, and found to my surprise that there IS no spare. So I made a call to the only junkyard in town for foreign cars. They do not have a Volvo 15 in wheel. They say they can special order one for $50.00. Thats pretty high just to get a spare, and then I'd still have to get a tire mounted on it. The guy said that its not a good idea just to get any 15 in wheel, as it might not fit right if its not Volvo, and perhaps if not Volvo 740 model as well, because of things like caliper clearance. I could get a emergency spare easier and probably cheaper, but would rather get a full-sized spare wheel.

I know the junkyards are full of perfectly good 15 in wheels from wrecked cars....is that correct that I need to get a Volvo 740 wheel?

thanks, geronimo

Reply to
geronimo

Yep, they all have different distance between the bolts and different offset.

15" from a Volvo 240, 760 and 940 will also fit.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard