Replacing tie-rod ends on one side...

All, I was told by my dealer last weekend that I need to replace the inner and outer tie-rod ends on the driver's side of my 1999 S70. It currently has

110,000 Kms on the odo. My questions are: Is this a normal life span for tie-rod ends? I am the second owner and I don't know if they have been replaced before. Is it normal to only have to replace one side? Shouldn't both sides go at the same time? Depends on the driving I would guess. Is $340 CDN plus tax too much? That is at a dealer mind you.

I appreciate any input!

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

Reply to
Jordan B.

My '95 850 with 200K on it had one side go. I had the ball joint + tie rod done for $275

-p

Reply to
Rural technologist