Tie rod end for Bonneville

I have replaced an outer tie rod end before but never had to replace the inner tie rod end. How difficult is to remove and to replace an inner tie rod end on driver side of a Bonneville 1993? Do I have to replace the dust boot too or new part comes with dust boot?

Reply to
news

Note, I am not a mechanic but I've been maintaing my personal and family cars for over 50 years. Typically outer tie rod ends are subject to much more wear than inner ends. (My daughter had a '92 that required outer replacement -- inners were fine.) Unless you can detect "play" I wouldn't worry about it. If you do replace I suspect the boot comes with it. If you have an auto parts store where the people are fairly personable you could ask them about it. happy t rails, Jim H.

Reply to
jimhigh66

I've replaced a lot of inner tie rods....I have the bumps on my temple from the Crow's foot wrench slipping off in mid grunt, to prove it. I've yet to see one come with a boot...those are part of the rack n peanut.

Reply to
Mark Keeling

Reply to
news

It's a lot easier to access with the wheels cut. Be sure to measure where the outer tie rod is threaded to on the inner so you won't eff up your alignment too much.

Reply to
Mark Keeling