S60 auto box - repaired?

Got my S60 auto back from the garage yesterday - gearchanges had become intermittently quite snatchy, and a couple of times it seemed to slip momentarily into neutral. All fixed under warranty, but when I asked what they had done, they said they had changed the "control valve unit" (ok, seemed reasonable), which uses "gases produced by the gearbox oil". Huh? Is this this:

a) Don't baffle the customer with technical details he won't understand;

b) Reception guy didn't understand what the mechanic told him, so make something up for the customer;

c) Clever autobox engineering I've never come across before?

Ok, perhaps all boxes work this way, but can anyone enlighten me as to what they were trying to describe?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Riglar

Replaced the valve body

Reply to
G Klein

I can safely say, no transmission uses gases produced by the gearbox oil for anything, so (c) is out. I'll add: d) The mechanic didn't know what he was talking about and this is what he told the reception guy who didn't know any better.

Reply to
Mike F