S80 Seat

My 2001 S80 somehow decided that it disliked it when I would adjust my driving position while the vehicle was in motion. So it stopped cooperating.

But when a would restart the car later - before I'd closed my door and put it in gear - it would allow me to move the seat to any position. Then on the same trip a mile down the road if I attempted to move it again it refused.

Is this due to some kind of optional "lockout" key that operates like a child proof window lock key for example? Something that I may have inadvertently actuated one day when I didn't realize what I was doing?

Or does it sound like a malfunction?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Durkin

Good question. I think the car is deciding you are putting it in danger and refusing to obey....lol! Much like I KNOW I have adjusted the steering wheel tilt/telescope whilst underway, but lately my T6 refuses to let me do this unless it is in 'Park'. Someday VADIS will send an electrical shock to the testicals when it determines we are putting the car in a "compromised position"....mark my words!

Reply to
bajaman

This sounds like a problem with one of the body computers. Finding the fuse for that particular computer, pulling it out and reinserting it to reset the computer may fix the problem. Or you could disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes (have your radio code handy!). There's probably a software update that'll cure the problem as well, but if your car is not under warranty, it'll cost you.

Reply to
Mike F