Shifter locked

My '93 240 would not come out of park for the first time this morning. I had to depress the shift lock override and then it worked. I put it back in park and had to go through the whole process again to get it out of park.

Anybody know what needs to be done?

TIA

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
c.fiedler

Well, this turned out to be disgustingly simple despite the fact that none of my earlier Volvos had had this feature. Seems the brake light fuse was shot causing the problem. Now I long ago replaced those bloody ceramic fuses with Buss GBCs and, oddly, that fuse didn't look blown but I replaced it with another GBC8 and all is fine.

Ya live and learn.

Reply to
c.fiedler