Volvo plastic parts needed?

I have spent the better part of the day chasing some plastic parts for my '93 240 without success. I can't be the only Volvo owner with this problem.

My nostrils are filled with the smell of blood as a business opportunity.

What parts have you been seeking for a 240 or earlier that you haven't been able to find?

With some quality inputs, I might be able to find a way to the business.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

Parking brake covers, door pockets, dashboards, those are the hardest things to find in nice shape in my experience. It's easy to paint parts to the right color but hard to find them without cracks.

Reply to
James Sweet

the center console for a 245 w/manual trans.

glovebox

front door speaker mounts for 5-1/4" spkrs (mine are now plywood - hello router & jigsaw)

tailgate handle (made my own out of wood)

rectangular trim rings in the center rear deck of a 245 w/3rd seat

lock knobs (w/o going to the dealer) and "universal" ones don't fit

outside window moldings a.k.a. dew wipes

Reply to
Mike Lenker

Someone also makes reproduction outside window wipes, they have a lifetime warranty. The name of the company escapes me, but they also make polyeurethane engine mounts and other performance parts.

Most of that other stuff is pretty easy to find at junkyards, the exception being the center console which is the same on *any* 240 or 260 car regardless of trans type and body style. The only differences are that the later ones have cutouts for seat heater switches and the GL/Turbo consoles have holes for power mirror switches. I think I've got a whole pile of lock knobs somewhere.

Reply to
James Sweet

Good inputs, James. Thanks. I am saving this note.

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

Mike, thanks for the input. I'm saving your note for future reference.

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

The POS door pockets are surely the most needed item and if anyone ever redesigns them then by all means double or triple the thickness of the plastic in the long central section so they might actually last!

Reply to
John Horner