Headlamp holder in 2001V40 wobbles

I noticed that my driver-side headlamp had burned out and got a replacement bulb from the local Cdn Tire.

On popping off the rubber cover, I reached in to pull off the electrical socket. That's when I noticed that the entire inner unit (the plastic part that holds the lamps) is loose.

It pivots around the vertical center of the unit about a quarter inch (half-centimeter) -- sort of look right, look left.

The passenger side unit is rock solid.

Can anyone point me at an appropriate manual site so I can diagnose exactly what's happening (other than "it's loose!") and what I can do myself.

Other than the wobbling about, the replacement went in with a bit of jiggling around.

Thanks all!

Reply to
byrocat