Spark Plugs for my '95 850?

Non-turbo, 20 valve, 110K miles on it; which kind do you recommend? I think my choices are: NGK BKR6EIK Iridium $ 4.90 ea NGK BKR6ES Copper $ 1.40 NGK BKR6ES V-power $ 1.69 or should I get the Bosch Platinums?

What's the gap?

What is the proper torque? I know I should be careful about the aluminum head.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay Epstein

im happy with the bosch +4

Reply to
Rural technologist

You might find the cheapest are the original ones from a dealer, believe it or not.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
King

I've found no noticeable difference in spark plugs. The fancy ones seem to be nothing more than a way to separate you from more of your money. If any plug was that much better, then you'd get both better mileage and lower emissions, and this certainly would be the cheapest way for the carmakers to accomplish those improvements, so you'd think that they would if there was any benefit. The only exception seems to be the greater durability of some platinum type plugs, but on those the change intervals seem to have gotten so long that the old ones can be seized into the head at change time.

Reply to
Mike F

My .02 cents - It is more important to change your spark plugs cap and rotor every

30,000 miles rather than go with an expenxive set of plugs.

My daily driver is a 1995 850 glt with 101K miles. I changed the spark plugs last weekend with OEMs that were gapped to the recommended .28 for non-turbo 850 Volvos. I also changed the distributor cap, fuel filter and rotor, that took under 2 hours to do. The total cost of OEM parts from Napa was 63.00 This brought the power back to my car and makes me very happy.

A great site to check out is volvospeed.com. If you haven't been there already, I'm pretty sure that you will be impressed with its content.

Reply to
Oric

As much as I recognise people's opinions on replacing plugs, I feel I get better performance from Bosch Super-4's. They don't need gapping either!!

As for torque?! I think it was something like 18 lb'ft, but I can't remember for sure.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Pendrey

NGK THEY DONT RUIN YOUR THREAD THE GERMAN STUFF RUINS THE THREAD boy your prices are cheap we pay much more for plugs here in skippy land

Reply to
John Robertson

Reply to
Jay Epstein