Stalling problem: 92 740 turbo wagon.....

The engine runs/idles perfect, Idle is about 600 smooth RPM on the dash tack. But....when underway, and you come to a stop or even just decelerate for a turn, letting engine drop down to idle, then it stalls often. What would cause bad idle when car underway/decelerating, but checks good when sitting still? Seems like a vacuum leak would mess up the sitting- still idle, also. thanks, Geronimo

Reply to
geronimo

try to clean your throtle Body

Reply to
Steve Real

And adjust it if need be, a too-closed idle stop will cause the RPM to dip when the throttle slaps shut, with an automatic this can cause the engine to stall.

Reply to
James Sweet

I had a similar problem and after MONTHS of trying everything imaginable it turned out to be a crack in the distributor cap. If it seems to be worse on rainy days I would bet thats what it is. Good luck! jimmy

Reply to
jimmy