Strange sound when over 60 mph in '97 850 glt Wagon

I have a '97 850 GLT wagon. It has held up well. It has 194,300 miles. I have noticed that when I go on the highway and get above 60 miles per hour sometimes a noise is emitted for what appears to be the front of the car. I simular to the sound you hear when you are hold the brake on a bicycle going down a hill very fast - that rubbing sound with hints of the metal spokes as well. Any idea what this is and how to fix it. Thanks

Reply to
broye

Hard to say from just a text description, but I would start by checking the CV joints, front bearings and front brakes.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I am due to have my front brake rotor and pads replaced at 195,000 miles, so your suggestion has a lot of merit, I have replaced a few brakes so I know how much that costs, but how much does it cost to service CV joints? Thanks.

Reply to
broye