brakes low 1995 850 glt 117,000

My 1995 850 glt has a problem which are the brakes. When they are depressed they go almost to the floor. check brake fluid, all good, no lights on dash. Does anyone know what it could be. Am i looking at a major money fix?

Reply to
Bill

Bill, it could be the master cylinder. Also, maybe there is air in the system. I would try bleeding the brakes a bit - make sure to get Dot 4 fluid to top it off. Master cylinders should last a long time though.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

"Bill47" wrote: > My 1995 850 glt has a problem which are the brakes. When they > are depressed > they go almost to the floor. check brake fluid, all good, no > lights on dash. > Does anyone know what it could be. Am i looking at a major > money fix?

If your pads are worn real bad, it could cause the pedal to travel farther, also your calipers could be leaking.

Reply to
Randyb