Torx head screws

Is it me or do others find the Torx head fasteners a real pain, They seem to be used most it the car industries and I don't doubt that when it comes to assembly lines that air driven tools can be located quickly into these type of fasteners. But when it come to getting the bloody things out ! No matter the quality of the Torx bits it always seems hit or miss if the thing will grip and turn. I know lying in the drive with ice cold wind whistling up your trouser leg, your hands so cold you can feel them, the kids crying, the teas gone cold, the mortgage payments are to high, the wife mothers on the phone don't help but give me a hex head any time.

My rant for the day.....ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Hi Alistair,

" I know lying in the drive with ice cold wind whistling up your trouser

Lucky you weren't wearing your kilt...............

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

I rather like Torx screws, my experience with them has been good, once I got a set of decent bits they work well, don't seem to strip out as easily as philips.

Reply to
James Sweet

Well, I rather prefer torx since there *is* only one standard. If people finally would learn not to use a philips screwdriver on a pozidrive screw (and vice versa) much would be gained. How many of you have not tried to unscrew a worn screw, destroyed by an %¤#¤% owner who couldn't tell a pozi from a philips?!

"Alistair Ross" skrev i meddelandet news:c1vooc$dpu$ snipped-for-privacy@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk...

Reply to
Volvoman

What's pozidrive? I've never even heard of it, probably just been calling it something else.

Reply to
James Sweet

or

Sammy

Almost identical to the Phillips screw, supposedly the next generation. I can't tell the difference, but then I live in Canada, where we have the Robertson screw. Sadly, the rest of you don't know what you're missing!

Reply to
Spiggy Topes