GM "TORX" screws for headlights

Hi,

I'm just ready to replace my first headlight on my C4.

According to the manual I have to remove these apecial screws.

Is that suppoded to come with my tools ?

I have the ratchet wrench for the top and the sockets for removing the wheels....and a fuse puller.

What's the deal ?

Thanks, Vern

92 LT1 Coupe Black on Black
Reply to
Vern

AFAIK, no one provides the Torx screw driver for headlamp replacement (well, maybe there's one sitting in the toolkit on a M-B 500 series (as if the driver of one of those would know what to do with tools)).

Commonly available at most hardware stores, just grab one and throw it in your tool kit. Might look for one that has the full range of sizes and magnetic, interchangeable bits.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Invest in a Torx set, the headlights are not the only place you will need them for.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

When you buy the bits, note that there are two kinds. The "secure" Torx have a small depression in the center of the bit which fits onto a "dimple" in the screw. The regular Torx screw lacks that dimple.

Life is easier if you keep them separate. For the headlight job you shouldn't need the 'secure' bits.

If you can, avoid buying Chinese copies. I picked up a set of Chinese bits and found the hex shafts were slightly different from either U.S. or metric measure -- wasted time filing them down to fit a standard socket.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

Reply to
Eugene

---snip some---

sure is a lot of crap coming from China !

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Vern: No disrespect... But I honestly have to ask.

Have you ever actually worked on any car? or have you ever changed the Battery in your 92?

Again this is not meant in a disrespectful way...

BTW I would buy another set of the BF Goodrich tires (had them on my

95) before I went with the Continentals UNLESS the Continentals are much cheaper...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.