Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Hi there!

The engine light came on. My OBDII reader reports: "P0705. Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL)."

Car: Volvo 850 GLE, Automatic, 1986.

I do not notice any change in the way the car operates. I reset the code, but it came back on when I restarted the engine.

Is the malfunction a serious one - can I drive for a while before having the car serviced?

Can I perform the service myself, I'm comfortable with tools and various vehicle maintenance jobs. Any proprietary tools for this one needed?

Thanks very much!

Reply to
allthings5

Correction: car is from 1996...