Uneven Idle

Hi

My 440 (1.8i) has started to run lumpy at idle - the best way I can describe it is that it is a phutt phutt phutt through the exhaust and the exhaust gases themselves 'pulse' from the tailpipe rather than being ejected in one continuous flow. I am aware that these engines are not the smoothest around but the idle was definitely smooth when I purchased the car.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance

Ade

Reply to