V70 2.4 125 kW: ROZ 92 or ROZ 95

Hiho.

Today I've got my brandnew V70 2.4 125 kW. What petrol should I take: Benzin 92 ROZ or the better but mor expensiv Super 95 ROZ?

Thanks. Friedrich

Reply to
Friedrich Vosberg

Hi, Friedrich - - -

What does your Owners' Manual suggest as the desirable fuel? Whatever fuel they call for has the octane profile for which the Motor Management System has been optimized - the point at which you will get the best economy and performance.

You will likely receive some response postings about using the cheapest fuel available - and they're correct, in the sense that the engine will run without damage. I have tested our cars in the past and find that higher octane will deliver 5% or better in added fuel economy *and* better performance. Here in the U.S., the cost differential is cut in half per better economy. The remainder can be written off to more performance/fun in driving.

Enjoy the new car.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble