volvo 340Gl deaf

It happened already in the middle of past winter with temperatures as low as -20 degrees Celzius. But now, in the middle of Indian Summer, when the temperature tend to be near 30 degrees Celzius, my Volvo is completely deaf. When I turn my ignition key, nothing happens. I have taken the battery out yesterday and has charged it through night (it needed some charging indeed) but today when I have tried again to get machine running nothing happened. Not a single signal light appeared. Some minor lights inside the driver's cabin are working as well as radio, but all the rest not. Has somebody had a similar experience. Please, help.

Miha, Log pri Brezovici, Slovenija

Reply to
Miha Rus

The information you have given is a little vague, but the most likely cause is simply a faulty battery. They will only last 5 years typically, but with alot of variation depending on treatment / weather.

One problem I did come across once was a burnt connector at the fuse box on the connection inside the car. Jiggling the wire bindle in this area caused every thing to work again but not reliably. I had to replace the fuse box and put a newer termination in the connector block. The main power feed inside the car seems to be a bit underrated, but failure is rare.

-- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++

Reply to
Tony Stanley