OY VE! Some question for a 1997 850GLT - LP Turbo - US version

Ok there fellow newsgroupers...

here's a couple of doozies -

  1. My ABS/TRACS light come on intermittently...the controler was changed once before, but alas, is out of warranty. Is there some sort of Tech Bulletin on this? Is VOLVO Cars of NA aware of this problem?

  1. My My fuel door lock mechanism no longer works...is this a motor or lock issue? Is it easy to fix? Is the new mechanism expensive?

Thanks for the help! Answers to my e-mail would be appreciated!

TIA!

G. Om.Raju Yonkers, NY

Reply to
GOMRAJU

The ABS light may be a faulty ignition switch or a dirty sensor....

The fuel door lock....open the fuel door and lock the car..does the motor work and the pin move? The pin/door catch may just be out of alignment. or the motor may need cleaning up.

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

As well as at least two other possibilities that were discussed on this group within the last two months - differential tire pressure, and low battery/bad alternator.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf