volvo 360 b200K to b230K engine swap

want to swap my 2.0 65K miles (genuine) 20 year old engine for a 2.3 for more power and unleaded so I can put on 205/50/15 alloys and still get

110mph with it. Is the only consideration a rejetting of the carb and possiblely an ignition module swap

any suggestions welcome for thos that know the difference. Same block I know should be easy?

Reply to
pdpass

It has been done several times in UK with excellent results. Also done with turbo and intercooler. There is a 360 in UK which goes better round a circuit than a Porsche, BMW, Audi etc.etc. It even trounced a Ferrari. Of course it is tuned!!

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Don't suppose you could point me in the direction of an of these owners could you please Peter?

Done some Google searches and found some "basic" carb mods etc to give

140BHP with 9.2:1 B200K engine not 5 miles from me in Uxbridge Power somebody or other on a search so an engine swap may not be necessary but I would prefer not to "stress" the engine too much or push it from the 250k mile before rebuild if I can and I would like it driveable when I am finished obviously as opposed to a track racer. My engine is the 10:1 variant so it does pull quite well already in the mid range.

I had heard once before when I worked there of a guy in Swansea that used to "tune" them for rallying but this involved 12.5:1 head skimming (improves the whole rev range power delivery) but this is obviously going have serious consequences for the rest of the components which I really don't want to spend money on and reduce the longevity of the car. As it happens I do have an old B230ET engine and most of the main bits that go with it (turbo ECU intercooler etc) sitting in my garage from a 740 estate I once had written off by a lorry (back end motorway smash) but I thought the drive train wouldn't handle this amount of power and I don't have a wiring loom!

Cheers Paul

Reply to
pdpass